Friday, July 19, 2013

Shift Away From Gloom to His Face



Kim and I are delighted to announce that our daughter Emily and her husband David Spinden are expecting a baby sometime between Christmas and New Years!  Please join us in prayer for life and life abundant for the three of them! Kim and I are so looking forward to getting to know and love this little one. I must admit, “Grandpa Speight” has nice ring to it! I also give thanks to be celebrating 33 years of marriage with beautiful Kim on July 20th!


As His Spirit propels us into the eighth year of Come Rest Ministries, the Lord is opening exciting new doors. But, as more activity and travel beckons, He is saying, “Draw deeper from My well.”  The more time we spend alone with Him, the more fruitful will be the time we minister to people. He is teaching me to spend 3 hours per day alone with Him in prayer and scripture, and two days a week in fasting after Him. He is teaching me to write 3 hours a day what He shows me. He is teaching us to change our rhythms and priorities, pruning back some areas of ministry. Please pray for Kim and I in this.



We know He is still calling us to foster Personal Retreats, Awakenings of Love, and I-58 House meetings wherever He leads. We know He has a larger vision of Rehoboth house in the future. We know He is still calling us to minister to leaders. We know He is still calling us to help American and African refugee churches rest on Him and bear real fruit.  We know He is still calling us to write books. We know He is calling us to travel a little more. We know He is calling us to become, and equip, more powerful prayer warriors. He wants us in the crossroads inviting all to walk in His ways of true rest. Most of all, He wants Kim and I to walk with Him ourselves.



Thus says the Lord:“Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’                                                                                        Jeremiah 6:16 ESV



Already, my increased personal time in His ancient paths is bearing fruit.  A few weeks ago, the U.S. Supreme Court announced its decision on marriage. This news saddened many believers in America and I was no exception. However, the next day I was with Him in quiet when I came upon the ninth chapter of Isaiah.



“But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.”           Isaiah 9:1a, 6, 7a NLKV



When I read scripture I have learned to say, “Speak to my heart, Lord.” In Isaiah 9 I heard Him say in my heart, “Son, do you see that the government is on my shoulder? Do you see the weight of the world is not on your shoulder, but Mine? Now, take your eyes off My shoulder and look to My face, My smiling countenance. In this eighth year I am shifting you from gloom to My face. Stay there. Tell this to others. Seek My face, trust My hand. Do not trust what your flesh perceives. Trust My word. My government and peace is ever increasing, even now!” When I heard that, I was immediately pulled out of my funk. A false yoke was lifted. I was ready to do battle again. Thank you Jesus.



I hope this helps you. Don’t give up, give it up to Him. Get back on the ancient paths with Him. Rest firm on Him, resist evil in His love and truth, pray like His trusting child, and help others surrender the weight of the world to Him. We are so thankful for friendship, past participation, prayer support, and financial support in this mission. We stand ready as always to pray for your requests.

Blessings,

Dick Speight


Come Rest at “Unleashing Hearts in the Heartland” Conference Aug 3!

 Cedar Hills Community Church, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Dick & Kim Speight and Friends of Come Rest

 sharing leadership with Robin Mark(Irish Musician & Revivalist) & Tom DeVries(General Secretary of Reformed Church in America)

contact Cedar Hills CC at  www.chccrca.org or 319-396-6608 for details.

$75 for Day Seminar & Evening Concert

$20 for Evening Concert Only

****************************************************************************
Come Rest Awakenings of Love!

Come rest in Jesus as we invite the Holy Spirit to come rest upon us! Worship, teaching, prayer, testimonies

Register at the Door--Free will offering—Refreshments to follow

 *Whittemore, Friday, July 27th 1:30pm

At old Whittemore Golf Course Clubhouse 301 210th St. Whittemore, Ia

 *Cedar Rapids, Friday, Aug. 2nd   6:30pm

River of Life Church   3810 Blairs Ferry Rd. Cedar Rapids, Ia

 *Cedar Rapids, Friday, August 16th  6:30pm

Calvin-Sinclair Presbyterian Church   715 S. 38th St. SE Cedar Rapids, Ia.



****************************************** 
Come Rest Personal Retreat

“Drawing from the Wells of Salvation”

Meditating upon Isaiah 12

Wednesday August 14th 9am-4pm

Rehoboth House 2125 Bever Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA

Requirements: Pen, bible, notebook, your copy of our book

REAL FRUIT, and your wholehearted desire to come rest in Jesus!

Cost: Freewill Offering plus $18 for book which may be purchased at retreat

Space Limited-- Lunch provided

Those interested must apply at jkadlec@ImOnMail.com

*********************


 Come Rest Ministries July 2013 Response Form
___My prayer request is____________________________________________________________________

___Yes, Lord! I will pray for CRM.

___Yes, Lord! I will financially support CRM. Today’s gift $________   My monthly pledge for $_______

___Yes, I want to help you order a new printing run of the book Come Rest! My gift is $___________________

___Please ship ___copie(s)  “Real Fruit”   ( $18+$4ship; each additional copy add$1 ship.)

Please have Richard Speight autograph a copy for the following person(s)

___________________________________________________________________________________

___Please ship ___ copie(s) “Come Rest”  ($16+$4 ship; each additional copy add $1 ship.)

Please have Richard Speight autograph a copy for the following person(s)

___________________________________________________________________________________

___Please ship __copies of CD “Meditations” & __copies of the CD “Reflections” ($8each or $12 for set+$4ship)

Name____________________________________________________________________________________

Address___________________________________________________________________________________

Email_______________________________________________Phone________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment